[Benchmarking] ESRI Participation

Schlagel, Joel D IWR joel.d.schlagel at usace.army.mil
Mon Aug 17 16:25:22 EDT 2009

Paul -

Would this mean the 5.0 version - not a current Red Hat Release?

In reading:

http://wikis.esri.com/wiki/display/ag93bsr/ArcGIS+Server+Supported+Platforms

5.0 is the supported platform and,

"The Linux patches from RHEL AS/ES will be supported as long as the patches
are supported by the webservers and they are from Red Hat without any
modification to the latest kernel/glibc version."

Which I think means no updates past the 5.0 kernel are supported?

CentOS / Red Hat versions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

On 8/17/09 4:03 PM, "Paul Ramsey" <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:

> All,
>
> ESRI has indicated they would be interested in joining in the
> benchmarking process. They do have a requirement though, and that's
> changing our operating system to Red Hat Enterprise 5. From our PoV it
> would probably mean re-doing some build and setup. Any one have any
> issues with going forward, making our infrastructure suitable for ESRI
> participation?

-joel

--
Joel D. Schlagel
US Army Engineer Institute for Water Resources