[Benchmarking] Some new raster benchmarks

Chris Tweedie Chris.Tweedie at erdas.com
Mon Dec 14 20:16:08 EST 2009

Hi Jeff,

Yes I was aware of what happened pre-2009. Shawn was involved in some
web chats but it seemed our involvement came too late with the platform,
tests and other items already confirmed. Shawn was very keen to include
some advanced raster workflows but was flat out rejected in very
"succinct" language I believe.

The event itself was a month before our major 2010 release so timing was
also an issue. Shawn as the PM rightly made the call to pull out before
we really were ever involved.

As for the blog, that's his personal space much like mine which needs to
be treated as such.

What does boggle my mind is why ERDAS is hit from all sides on this and
yet ESRI got off scot-free? To even suggest that ERDAS and ESRI were at
the same level of involvement is a lie. ESRI had physically configured
ArcGIS Server on the machine, were running performance tests and then
pulled out a few weeks before due to resourcing. I guess a bad analogy
would be ESRI pulling out of the race a meter from the finish line while
ERDAS were never even on the track let alone the gate!

Will we participate in Barcelona? I have no idea ... its not my call.
Would I like us to? Yeah I would, but its pretty clear from my POV that
the slate needs to be wiped clean and things start fresh for next year
so all this can be left behind us.

Chris