[Benchmarking] Access to the benchmarking servers

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Tue Jul 28 02:00:05 EDT 2009

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>> Any interest in getting other web mapping folks involved?  Perhaps a
>>> MapGuide
>>> or deegree stream?
>>
>> I asked the DeeGree people at the Bolsena code sprint and they told
>> me they are not ready this year, but would be interested in
>> participating next year with DeeGree 3.
>>
>> Don't know about MapGuide poeople thought.
>
> Folks,
>
> I have taken the liberty of inviting the MapGuide folks.  I don't know
> if there
> will be anyone wanting to take it on.  MapGuide runs on linux, but I
> think most
> users are using it on windows.
>
> Best regards,
I talked earlier with Zac Spitzer about MapGuide and the WMS shootout.
His comment was that MapGuide is not likely to perform well in a direct
performance shootout, so there is not a strong incentive to participate.

It might be worth discussing other measures which MapGuide will perform
better on. Eg how easy is it to set up and configure a shapefile to be
served up as a WMS. (Admittedly non-subjective measures will be more
difficult in this area).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect