[Benchmarking] Test System Specs

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jun 1 14:11:34 EDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Does anyone have any brilliant ideas about how to get around the
> apples/oranges issues we will face working in a de-centralized
> fashion?

Working in a decentralized fashion doesn't prevent us from running all
the official tests on the same servers. We all work on remote servers
all the time (via SSH, Remote Desktop, etc.), so doing this benchmarking
remotely should hopefully not be a problem for anyone.

> A less clever but effective route is to find someone who will host a
> benchmarking cluster for us for a few months. A 2-4 core server
> machine with a 2-4G memory, and another machine of whatever
> specifications for generating load.

This is what I had in mind... now we just need to find the servers...

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/