[Benchmarking] Coordination

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 15 15:26:18 EDT 2009

Daniel Morissette ha scritto:
> Andrea Aime wrote:
>>
>>> Test cases described in wiki, in priority order, would be ideal.
>>
>> Ok, added a few
>>

> I like what we have in the wiki so far. Does this cover everything that
> was tested in previous years?

Last year we had a single geotiff and a mrsid, this year a ecw and
maybe a mosaic.

Last year we had the USA thematic map with solid colors, which was
a case of small thematic map with labels, this year a thematic
map with lines.

> What about including a polygon layer as well? Perhaps comparing solid
> fill and pattern fill if all servers support both.

Sure, why not. I think that if the patter is a raster image both
support it. MapServer should have more cartographic output options
thought, but if we discuss this a little early in the process
I could see if bringing GeoServer up to speed is possible (I guess
the standard 45° diagonal lines hatch pattern is supported by both
without the need for an external image?)

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime