[Benchmarking] Press Release Ready for Review

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Sun Oct 4 22:39:42 EDT 2009

Hi Steve, and thanks for the introduction Mike,

As mentioned, it would be great to see Oracle representation at the
international FOSS4G conference. http://2009.foss4g.org

This conference attracts an international audience of people interested
in Geospatial Open Technologies: Open Standards, Open Source, Open Data,
Open Architectures, Spatial Data Infrastructures. It is particularly
interesting to Government agencies who have been given directions to
share their Public Sector Information and want to learn how to do this.

Hence, the interest in FOSS4G activities, like the Web Map Service
comparison shootout Mike is involved in, and an Open Geospatial
Consotium led Climate Challenge Integration Plugfest, which is
showcasing interoperability between numerous applications using OGC
standards within a climate change scenario.

As governments are extensive users of Oracle technologies, I suspect
Oracle will consider FOSS4G a valuable opportunity for sponsorship.

Steve, is this something you can help facilitate?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally