[Benchmarking] MapServer oracle fastcgi leaking...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 12 00:51:34 EDT 2009

Guys,

Mike and I spent some time looking into the leak tonight to no real compelling
effect I'm afraid.  Mike confirmed the problem is just the oracle case, and
only occurs in 5.6, not 5.4.

I ran mapserv for one oracle map request under valgrind and there was no
obvious sign of big leakage beyond the one time connection setup costs.

I guessed there might be problems with the connection pooling, and did some
fastcgi debug logging, but after Mike pointed out an obvious point I concluded
that the connection pooling did seem to be working ok and there is no
particular reason to believe there is a connection level leak.

The changes between 5.4 and 5.6 are huge.  Mike found an interesting point or
two, but I'm out of poop for the night.

Best regards,