[Benchmarking] custom vs. stock builds of MapServer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Oct 18 20:09:55 EDT 2009

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Anyways, the point is that we do not seem to be enjoying any noticable
> boost due to the way mapserver was built for the benchmarking test,
> and people should be able to achieve similar results with the stock
> FGS MapServer builds for intel linux.

Frank,

Am I right in interpreting your numbers to mean that FGS is actually
about 10% faster than a native build? I would have expected FGS to be a
bit slower, not faster than a native build... odd.

Or did we lose some performance between 5.4.2 and the latest 5.6 beta?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/