[Benchmarking] Storing results on the wiki

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Sep 27 09:51:34 EDT 2009

Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi,
> I was just going over mail and noticed Cameron linked
> the FOSS4G 2009 shootout wiki page from a mail sent to
> foss4g2009-announce, and also from here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_31
>
> I guess if we want to keep the results on the wiki,
> we'll have to find a place that is _not_ linked from
> our current wiki page?

How about storing results for each test in a file named
"RESULTS-<servername>-<datetime>.txt" (where 'servername' is
MapServer/GeoServer/ArcGISServer) in /opt/benchmarking/docs/results/ on
the BenchmarkingA server?  Can the scripts be updated to pipe the output
to a text file?   Then maybe we can keep a summary of the tests in
/opt/benchmarking/docs/results/SUMMARY.txt ?

-jeff