[Benchmarking] Re: [Foss4g2010] Re: Starting preparation for technology comparison presentations

Anne-Sophie Collignon Anne-Sophie.Collignon at erdas.com
Thu Apr 29 12:46:04 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I would like to have some input about the way to proceed to participate
to meetings regarding the WMS benchmark ?
I saw that meetings are organized via IRC on http://irc.freenode.net/,
channel #foss4g but it seems to be down ? I subscribed once, but I'm not
able to get in anymore.

When is the next meeting?

Regarding the benchmarking itself :

- the server deployment will have to be done on Linux, and/or maybe on
Windows. What is the current status about it? If windows OS is accepted,
could it be a windows server 2008, 64 bits?
- Are you hosting the server? If yes, what is the process for installing
the product ? Remotely ? All the participant on the same server?
- Are you providing dataset? Or could participants come with their own
datasets?
- Is there any test plan available yet?

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards,