[Benchmarking] Cross checking vector styling

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Aug 5 09:44:55 EDT 2010

Hi,
I guess it's a good time to start cross checking visually the
results of the various vector layer styling to make sure
we're all on the same page and we're all producing the
same results?

As long as GeoServer is up (and I cannot guarantee it will
be) you can see what the full stack of vector layers looks
like using this link OpenLayers demo (centered around Barcelona):

http://12.189.158.78:8080/geoserver/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=shp_alllayers&styles=&bbox=1.8,41,2.4,42&width=800&height=600&srs=EPSG:4326&format=application/openlayers

Is it the same as you're getting? Am I missing anything?

It would be nice to get a similar link for other servers as
well. And/or agree on some WMS requests and share the static
images of the results so that we can see them even when
the servers are down

Cheers
Andrea

PS: for the record, the layer group you see there
stacks the layers in this order:

settlement
contour-0 to contour-7
building
industry
track
road
motorway
ramp
point-labels-for-geometry
point-labels-no-geometry

The preview is using PNG24 by default, you can click on
the options button on top of the zoom bar and then use
the popup settings to change it to png8 if you want

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org