[Benchmarking] Testing setup (following up Adrian Custer questions)

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Aug 9 08:47:18 EDT 2010

Adrian Custer ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 13:08 +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
>> Adrian Custer ha scritto:

>>> Could you please point me to the file you actually used for last year's
>>> test on the SVN.
>> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/mapserver/raster/bluemarble.csv
>> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/csv/dallas.csv
>> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/csv/texas.csv
>>
>>> All the files I have recuperated from there and
>>> subsequently fed to jmeter did not have this behaviour.
>> I actually did not check, just trusted the documentation:
>>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config
>>
>> Quoting:
>>
>> By default, the file is only opened once, and each thread will use a
>> different line from the file. However the order in which lines are
>> passed to threads depends on the order in which they execute, which may
>> vary between iterations. Lines are read at the start of each test
>> iteration. The file name and mode are resolved in the first iteration.
>>

> Yeah, I saw that documentation too but could not reproduce the supposed
> behaviour. The only way I have found so far requires splitting up the
> CSV files.
>
> Could you please point me to the *jmx file you used last year? In the
> mapserver folder, I found a whole bunch so I am not sure which was used.

The mapserver people last year setup a lot of tests to compare various
mapserver data sources and various setup options. I think it's fair
to say, all of them where used.

We started with a common template that was then adapted to the different
server needs: mapserver needs some custom key params in the query (the
map one), the layer names were not equals, and so on.

Or you can use the .jmx files in the geoserver folder, there are fewer
and most of them were used. They should be structurally identical
to the MapServer ones.

Cheers
Andrea

--