[Benchmarking] Vector tests: first oddity

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 24 16:35:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've committed the changes in svn. Here's new feature of the script:

* -filter_within <filename> option: The random bbox has to be within the
<filename> dataset. Note that I've committed the spain-boundary-simplified.shp
in svn too.

* The script now writes file(s) in the current directory rather than using
stdout. The filenames are the projection codes. Would you like an option like
-name to specify the filename of the files? That way you could get something
like  spain_4326.csv rather than 4326.csv. Of course, it is easy to simply
rename the files, depends on how many time you use that script.

* -srs: You can specify the input projection of your parameters (ie. -region).
Default is 4326.

* -srs2: The second projection you want the bbox. This implies a second file
to be writed. Basically, we transform the initial bbox to get the bbox into
the second projection. Then, we compute the new width/height or the map to
preserve square pixels and the same number of pixels in both cases.

Since the gdal and oracle paths are not in the system ld paths, here's the
command you'll have to use to run the script with the new options (use the
python2.6 command rather than python):

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle/instantclient_11_2/:/opt/mapserverfull/lib/:
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH python2.6 wms_request.py -count 200 -region -6 38 -1 43 -
minsize 640 480 -maxsize 1024 768 -minres 2.5e-06 -maxres 0.000755 -srs2
900913

Let me know if you have any questions or needs.

Thanks,
Alan

--
Alan Boudreault