[Benchmarking] Another Jmeter related tip (osx vnc)

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Tue Aug 31 00:22:16 EDT 2010

If anyone else is running Mac OS X 10.6 and logging into the JMeter machine using the built in VNC, just a heads up on a problem you may run into and how to solve it.

Basically, Apple supplies vnc built into via the app at "/System/Library/CoreServices/Screen Sharing.app"

The first time I connected to the JMeter machine this approach worked great, but the second time I got nothing but a white screen.

Turns out all you need to do to fix this is force the app to run in 32 bit mode as per:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2414203&tstart=135

Cheers,

Dane