[Benchmarking] Commitment from ESRI, MapGuide, ...

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Mon May 3 05:16:22 EDT 2010

Simone Giannecchini schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Jeff McKenna
> <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We're almost in May now, so obviously we need the final word on which teams
>> will be participating in this year's exercise.  According to the participant
>> table on the wiki (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2010), we need
>>
>> Deegree
>> =======
>>
>> - Simone Giannecchini has volunteered to contact the Deegree development
>> team.  Simone, do you have an update?
>
> I wrote on their mailing list and never got an answer from them.
> I might try again, but it might be they are not interested.
>
> Simone.

Hello benchmark list,

I am part of the deegree community and as such would like to add that
there has been some reaction to Simone's email on the deegree developer
list [1]. The answers were not written to Simone directly so he might
have missed theme because of that.

As for the question whether deegree would like to take part in this
year's WMS comparison at FOSS4G: I don't know yet. The deegree PSC is
going to decide about it soon [2]. I will let you know their decision as
soon as possible. And I hope we would not be too late to join in if the
decision were positive.

[1]http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=961f4d9e0911270747nc0d21e9kbd58983901bea6a1%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=deegree-devel
[2]http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=281&aid=1474&group_id=27

Greetings to you all,