[Benchmarking] Request to kick-off a bigtiff mosaic generation on the linux server

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Fri Sep 3 09:37:24 EDT 2010

Hi,
while Daniel is keeping the db server busy I'd like to
generate a mosaic of bigtiffs on the linux server,
and eventually also a single giant bigtiff for all
the data (now that's a good test for gdal_translate
and gdaladd ;-) ).

I guess such mosaic is of interest at least for MapServer
and probably for Mapnik as well (I'll leave it in
the shared data folder so that everybody can enjoy it).

The time for the generation is 12am easter US, which
should be 16:00 UTC

Cheers
Andrea

--