[Benchmarking] Next Steps

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 19 11:35:46 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

Only a few of us were able to attend the IRC meeting today (Mike,
Pirmin, myself), so it never really happened.  That's ok, a lot can
happen through the mailing list in any case.

Some notes:

- I've updated the exercise timeline's 'final testing begins' date to
June 1st, as we agreed upon last meeting (that means no more changes to
data, styles, or hardware after that date)
- we'll maintain a meeting log:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2011/MeetingLog
- a few of us will be away next week, so I propose that the next IRC
meeting occurs on Feb 2nd
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2011#Next_IRC_Meeting).  I've
placed a few agenda items there already, but please do edit that with
your topics.
- by that meeting I'd like to have agreement on a dataset to use, and
some methodology proposals to consider (hopefully we start mailing list
discussions on this beforehand)

Does that sound acceptable to all teams?

-jeff