[Benchmarking] Status update for Mapnik

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Fri Jul 29 23:54:50 EDT 2011

As I mentioned in the last meeting I've been traveling but am chipping away at setting up the OSM style that the mapserver team proposed from mapserver-utils.

I ended up using python mapscript to help in the conversion because the SLD docs Jeff exported don't provide layer (db connection, etc) and I'm hoping that autoconverting the actual mapfile will save me some time.

Anyway, just wanted to send this update so folks know that I should be able to have the style up for testing late next week (out for vacation monday/tuesday/wednesday) and just in case other teams are thinking about a similar approach. Code is here: https://github.com/springmeyer/mapserver2mapnik/

Dane