[Benchmarking] Feedback and some activity, Please!

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Jun 21 14:11:45 PDT 2013

Hi All,

If nobody else turns up - what about MapServer taking the challenge
of the real world QGIS Server benchmark presented at FOSSGIS?
http://sourcepole.ch/2013/6/17/fossgis-2013-performance-optimised-wms-services-with-qgis-server
Slides are in german, but pictures and figures should be clear enough.

Regards
Pirmin

Am Freitag, 14. Juni 2013, 09.33:01 schrieb Jeff McKenna:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> I'm sure MikeS and I are in for MapServer.
>
> Unfortunately I'm offline till next Sat.....but MapServer is in.
>

> -jeff
>
> On 2013-06-14 5:25 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> > Folks, I asked for some advice from Jeff on how to get the
> > benchmark rolling because I feel a bit left alone. If we want to
> > avoid being canceled out of the FOSS4G programm we need to get
> > going. Now. So can you please confirm that you will actively
> > participate in the FOSS4G Benchmark / Shootout? ... /s/'?'/'!'
> >
> > I have prepared a Wiki landing place and would very much appreciate
> > if you would add your name, project/software and ideas what we
> > should do and how you can help:
> > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2013
> >
> > Just to make things more dramatic there is now also a dead line
> > [1] next week Friday. If we don't have enough interest to actively
> > participate the event will be canceled.
> >
> > Thanks, Arnulf
> >
> > [1] No worries, you don't get shot when you cross it, it is just a
> > dead line. :-)

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com