OSGEO participation in Map Asia 2006 in Bangkok

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Aug 9 05:19:02 PDT 2006

Dear Phisan,

Very glad to know that you have initiated
the establishment of OSGeo Thai Chapter
in consultation with colleagues in Thailand.
I think you will be an ideal Representative
of the OSGeo Thai Chapter.

Basically, OSGeo encourages self-organization
of Chapters in various geographic and linguistic
domains. As far as I understand, there is no
need of official letter from OSGeo to start
a Chapter. Once the Chapter is approved by the
OSGeo Board, necessary official letter recognizing
the Chapter can be issued by OSGeo President.
Membership to OSGeo and its Chapter is open and
members can join even after the Chapter is
oficially recogonized.

Local Chapter Guidelines for OSGeo is official now and available
at http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapter_Guidelines

Please prepare a brief proposal for OSGeo Thai Chapter that can
be presented at the OSGeo Board meeting for approval.
I think the proposal can be short and simple and hope that it
will be ready soon.

Perhaps the the Ottawa Chapter document
could serve as a guideline for preparing the China Chapter
Document. Pl. have a look at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter

I hope that we would officially announce the
formation of OSGeo Thai Chapter at MapAsia 2006
meeting in Bangkok.

Kind regards

Raghavan