[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: [OSGeo-Board] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo: Taking stock of OSGeo after six months

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Aug 17 00:33:46 PDT 2006

Hi Gary, can I confirm you are referring to the comment on "We are
addressing quality through our incubation process".  We have talked
about both interoperability and quality concerns as part of the
incubation process. I have not made it this far with the GeoTools
process yet, but I intend to have test cases ensuring geotools works
with the usual open source suspects (some of which are represented in
the OSGEO portfolio).  We will see if the incubation committee views
this as sufficient.

One thing that would help is standing up the services on a known server
so that test cases can be written, right now the geotools tests hit
several dozen services around the world during every build.  I know this
request is usually made with respect to viscom and having demos on tap,
but it also is an aspect of QA that should be considered.

Jody