[Fundraising] Shirts and CafePress

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Aug 22 17:06:04 PDT 2006

Update:

* I've finished setting up look/feel of the CafePress -- it's not great,
but it'll do unless/until someone else wants to improve things.

* I've added a wide range of products.  If you have other ideas, such as
shirts with something printed on the back or a logo variant, send us
your ideas.

* We are going with a fixed markup of 25%.  This works out to about $5
for a shirt, which was our target -- but by using a relative percentage,
you don't have to pay $5.99 for one little button.

* I am working w/ Gary to work out the where-does-the-money-go issue.

* Per-individual Lands' End shirt orders are just too complicated to
support.  So in order to drive up donations and provide a tangible
benefit, we will at some point be adding an especially nice CafePress
shirt that has a special "I Support OSGeo!" logo on it -- at a price
point of $50 or something.  (This work is pending us getting some logo
design support.)

* The launch plan will be to (1) notify webcom, so as to get a link on
our homepage, and (2) send out mail to the discuss list.

Unless otherwise notified, I plan to go live with this on Friday!

-mpg,
 Official OSGeo Shopkeeper