[OSGeo-Board] Spending Approvals, Money, etc

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed Aug 23 13:48:39 PDT 2006

I think I am like Frank in that I feel sort of uncomfortable going to
"Autodesk" (Gary/Laura) for reimbursements.  I guess don't really mind
using my own credit card and getting reimbursed (that's how I do it when
travelling for LizardTech), but it still "feels" like I'm not spending
my own (OSGeo's) money but someone else's (Autodesk's).

I'd feel better overall if, say, VisCom had a fixed quarterly budget I
could track and draw from.  Case in point, I just went ahead and bought
a bunch of shirts to bring as gifts for our generous Chinese friends: if
I'd had a known budget I was responsible for, I might have not done that
-- or, alternately, I might have bought nicer shirts.  Another case:
with a budget, I would be in a better position to decide whether or not
to pay the rush fee and express delivery to try and make the MapAsia
delivery date.

-mpg