[OSGeo-Board] Re: German OSGeo Chapter formation, bank account

Jennifer Daehler Jennifer.Daehler at autodesk.com
Tue Aug 29 22:44:29 PDT 2006

Local chapter money raised by local chapters would be "their" money to
spend (subject to any dues (if any) they'd be required to pay the main
organization - though I assume we don't contemplate that).  What local
chapters do under the OSGeo name should be governed by guidelines in
order to protect the reputation/good will of the main organization.

If the main organization gives the local chapter money, then I think the
main organization could attach strings on how that money is spent by the
local chapter too.

  _____