OSGeo Promotions in Vietnam Nov 2006

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:45:13 PST 2006

Dear Board and Viscom,

I have received the report on OSGeo promotions
in Vietnam in Nov 2006 before and during the
GIS-IDEAS 2006 conference prepared by Mr. Tuyet
(Representative of proposed OSGeo Vietnam Chapter)
and Dr. Ho Dinh Duan (Coordinator, Vietnam OSGeo
Chapter). I am attaching the PDF file with this
e-mail.

Perhaps the first TV news program in the world to
mention (several times) about OSGeo and establishment
of OSGeo local chapter in Vietnam was aired on
HCMC-TV on 8th Nov 2006 (18:00 news). The TV
news clip is available at
http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/gisideas06/foss4g_ws_on_hcmctv.swf

Regards

Venka