OSGeo-Board WIki Users update

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 13 08:47:07 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> OK.
>
> I like the approach here, if I understand it:
>
> a) edit on the Wiki - much easier for collaboration on the net (hmm)
> than editing HTML and submitting it through svn.
>
> b) submitting the finished copy at the end.
>
> Do I have this right?

Gary,

Yes, this is my theory at least.

Of course some documents (ie. user hints, suggestions never adopted
as policy, committee notes, etc) might never make it to the official
web site.  That's fine.  Basically we enforce a reasonable degree of
professionalism and formality on the web site, but the Wiki is a
more freewheeling location for folks to collaborate.

The assigned web team might eventually hand some web documents differently.
But for us (as a board) I think being able to hack up a document without
it being on the official web site is helpful.