OSGeo-Board IRC Pointer

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Feb 13 12:53:42 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 03:15:28PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Gary Lang wrote:
> >e) Discussion of project incubation
> It is my opinion that project incubation will require some ongoing
> discussion and be hard to "settle" in the board meeting.  I remind everyone
> that some notes on project submission, evaluation and incubation can be
> found
> at:
>
>   http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Proposed_Project_Submission_Process
>
> Please don't hesitate to add notes there, or comment on it.

Just to post it here while I haven't worked out details yet:
- education project incubation and
- public geodata project incubation
will be different from software projects.

first I wanted to create two new pages, then I hesitated to
not generate too many similar pages at early stage.

> My understanding is that the primary benefit of 501c3 status is that
> US private individuals can donate money to the foundation and treat
> it as charitable for tax purposes.  But that this does not benefit
> citizens of any other country, nor businesses who can just treat any
> contribution as a business cost.   Is that right?

Is there any brief material online (Wikipedia?) to get
some ideas about 501c3 do's and dont's?

In Germany it's (surprisingly) fairly easy.

Markus