[OSGeo-Board] Fund raising

Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Feb 15 07:12:55 PST 2006

> Thought I'd pass this along. This is a page from OpenOffice for
> donating funds to OpenOffice.
>
> http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html
>
> Daniel Brookshier

I think that we need to address this topic with great care as we are in a
different position than a single project or a set of projects that have
already grown together for some time. For the time being some OSGeo
projects compete for the same customers and in many cases companies are
tied very much to *one* (*their*) software package. We should give this a
good thought before thinking about how to distribute seomething we don't
even yet have.

Arnulf.