[OSGeo-Board] Re: OSGeo-Board Local Chapters, Translation, etc

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Wed Feb 15 07:48:06 PST 2006

Frank,

I too can't follow discussions on a Wiki as well as a mailing list.
People need to be able to easily search for old messages and follow
threads. Mailing lists and indexed archives for them are a proven
approach.

I really think it's bad for the foundation to have a diffuse
communication strategy like this. Our communications need to be targeted
and easy to find. Moving some to a Wiki not at our domain and some to
mailing lists is a bad move in terms of promoting our visibility. Put
more technically: we want the Google site: qualifier to be really useful
to people.

Arnulf: you need a better email client :-) I can help with that.

Gary