Petition for Public Access to Geographic Data in Europe

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 15 14:43:51 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:39:37PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >Please consider adding your name to the Petition for Public Access to
> >Geographic Data in Europe.
> >Please go to http://petition.publicgeodata.org
> > add your name and pass it on!
> >
> >This message is being sent to you by a friend.  Your name has not been
> >added to a mailing list and you will not be contacted again.
> >PublicGeodata is merely providing a means for the public to raise concerns
> >about this issue.  If you have received this note in error, we apologize.
>
> Markus,
>
> I did visit the petition but I gather that it is only appropriate for
> EU citizens to sign since only EU countries are available in the dropdown
> list.  Is that right?

Frank,

that's right. I "invited" (using the button) all board members anyway
for awareness of the initiative. Please forward to European friends.

The petition fit's into:
 http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project

BTW: I would like to have Allan Doyle to extend this wiki
page since he may have good suggestions. Any problems with
that or is it a "board only" wiki (maybe I should know)?

Markus