[OSGeo-Board] Re: Petition for Public Access to Geographic Data in Europe

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 16 02:41:27 PST 2006

Allan,
(cc iBoard)

we, the iBoard, would like to ask you to help us outlining
details for the proposed "Public Geospatial Data Project".
We are using the Wiki approach for drafting documents, Arnulf
has kindly created an interim Wiki for us (which will be
hopefully moved into the osgeo.org structure later).

The Data Project template page is here:
http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project

On top you find a link to create a login, then you
may directly modify the page. It's mediawiki technology
which you will know from Wikipedia.

We would be grateful to receive additions on ongoing
projects, initiatives, licenses, etc. which may be of interest
for the foundation. Later on we will also have to define the
incubating procedures for the interested/interesting
projects as they differ to some extent from software
projects.

Thanks in advance,

 Markus

--