[OSGeo-Board] New Wiki Documents: Mission, FAQ, Fund Raising

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Mon Feb 20 13:26:08 PST 2006

In general, we need to have a discussion about the benefits of being:

a) a sponsor
b) a member
c) a hosted project

and how these are wrapped with funding goals.

In terms of sponsors, another way of putting this need is to be able to answer this question: "What makes the foundation an attractive one for potential sponsors?" An identical question could be asked for each of a), b), and c).

A good subject for the next board meeting, because it drives/forces us to define a lot of things.

Gary