[OSGeo-Board] Minutes of Second Meeting Posted

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Tue Feb 28 07:28:21 PST 2006

+1

-----Original Message-----
From:	Rich Steele
Sent:	Mon 2/27/2006 10:54 PM
To:	board at board.osgeo.org
Subject:	RE: [OSGeo-Board] Minutes of Second Meeting Posted

One further follow up from the board meeting--

In reviewing the proposed bylaws, both Frank and Markus had some issues
with the provisions of Article VI governing the establishment of Project
Steering Committees.  Principally the comments revolved around:

- the requirement that the board appoint all members of PSCs
- limiting PSC memberships to one year terms

I made some slight modifications to Article VI to permit the chairperson
of the PSC to staff up the committee, and to delete the reference to the
one year term.  See changes here:

http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php?title=Draft_OSGEO_Bylaws&diff=1734
&oldid=1576

I think at least the first of these changes is necessary because thus
far (and conceivably going forward), the board has only appointed the
chair of committees but has not appointed any other members.  I had
hoped to implement these changes after the discussion at today's
meeting, but a motion was made to adopt the bylaws before I had a chance
to do so.

Do any of you have an issue with these two small modifications?  If not,
I would propose we make them in the final "approved" version of the
bylaws.

-Rich

Rent

For additional commands, e-mail: board-help at board.osgeo.org