OSGeo Booth at MapAsia

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jul 6 01:12:18 PDT 2006

Dear Board,

Sorry that I have been unable to participate
in recent meeting due to the passing away of
a family member.

MapAsia2006 (http://www.mapasia.org/) is big
event in Asia scheduled from 29 August to
1st September, 2006. will have 500-600 delegates
from worldover

Mr. Sanjay Kumar, who is the mail organizers
has agreed to provide booth space for OSGeo
at 50% discount.12 mtrs booth in US$ 2400
instead of list price of US$ 4800. We could
opt for a smaller booth too.

If some OSGeo's budget is available for this
purpose, I could pursue the matter further
with Sanjay. I could also find some volunteers
to man the booth and maybe arrange someone
to do OSGeo demos too.

regards

Venka