[OSGeo-Board] Mapbender Graduation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 12 14:39:03 PDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> On 11-Jul-06, at 4:19 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
>
>> Congradulations to the Bender folks.
>>
>> VisCom has an agenda item to get out a press release on this.
>
> It would be good to know, from IncCom's perspective, what the next steps
> are after this announcement.  For example, I'm sure readers will want to
> know how/if/when they can propose a new project to fill its place in the
> incubation cycle.  Any pointers?

Tyler,

I have posted an announcement about the incubation processing being complete
on the main page and this indicates that we are accepting additional project
applications.  The actual process pages include the form to be filled out
and the email address to send it to.

I am already soliciting applications from things I'm keen to get into the
process (ie. GeoNetwork, FDO).  I'm not sure when the incubator will
actively start approving new projects into incubation.