[VisCom] Re: OSGEO participation in Map Asia 2006 in Bangkok

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 21 22:47:50 PDT 2006

> The OSGeo promotion materials are already available
> in digital form at the OSGeo Website. If sufficient copies
> (1000) of the brochures and some posters could be sent to
> MapAsia 2006 Secretariat below, the organizers will take
> care of distribution and display. Printing of the brochures
> and posters in Thailand would cost 600-700 US$.

Hi Venkatesh,
The specific pointer to the brochures is:
https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org/files/documents/18/210/
OSGeo_Brochures_v1_PDF.zip

There is one PDF in there for each of the 10 projects, and then a
consolidated PDF with a separate page for each project (for easy
printing of all of them quickly).

And for an overview brochure...
https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org/files/documents/18/220/
OSGeo_Overview.pdf

> I understand that OSGeo brochures and posters distributed at Where2.0
> were printed at Autodesk, USA (someone at OSGEO Viscom can correct me
> if I am wrong).

You are correct.  For both Where 2.0 and OSCON, Autodesk marketing
helped make it happen.  At Where 2.0 we only did about 75 of each,
and had left overs.  We have done something similar for OSCON.

> I will not be in a position to attend MapAsia 2006 due to other
> engagements during the conference. It would be possible for me
> to ask some OSGeo supporters in Bangkok to provide help out in
> the OSGeo promotion and also arrange for some demos and talks on
> OSGeo based applications.

The visibility committee can help, in a limited way, keep track of
these things for you.  I would like to start gathering a list of
potential attendees and presenters using the wiki.

I'm glad to see some discussions have at least started so that we can
all work together to support this event.

All the best to you,
Tyler