[OSGeo-Board] F2f meeting in switzerland?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Jul 24 07:43:01 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:48:43AM -0700, Laura Rivera wrote:
> Gary would not be able to attend prior to FOSS4G due to meeting
> commitments, but could be available following.

OSGeo is definitely more important to me than hanging about in BXL
'networking' with O'Reilly's handpicked, and i'd be into staying on
an extra day after FOSS4G if it worked out this way.

Markus wrote:
> while I like the idea, some of us (like me) have already booked things
> to satify their institute's administrational rules... but maybe I am the
> only
> one? It probably affects only non-freelancers. The idea wasn't discussed
> at the recent F2F meeting? [just curious]

The idea was discussed but not in a very specific way, more in a "this
has been nice and we should try to see one another more often, and the
next time that's likely to happen will be at F0SS4G" way. I wonder what
chance there is of you backing out of institutional commitments on the
grounds of the common good of the greater distributed institution...

cheers,

jo