[intl-discuss] Local Chapter Guidelines

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jun 4 01:33:11 PDT 2006

Just did a quick review as well - I tend to agree with everything Frank
has proposed below. I would stress that because we should want to
encourage as many local chapters as possible to form, there should be as
few barriers to making this happen as possible.

For instance - why do we need a minimum number of 10 people to form a
chapter? if 3 people want to get together in a local area to talk about
OSGeo - shouldn't we encourage that?

And forcing an OSGeo chapter to include an OSGeo member would instantly
make it impossible to form a chapter in over 200 countries around the
world ...

Dave