[OSGeo-Board] Budget. Eat this.

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 01:24:32 PDT 2006

dear all,

just a short comment:

On 6/22/06, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> If we-the-OSGeo-board were to hire someone who *didn't* have the broad
> respect of the community, whose every public action did not reflect
> their dedication to collective gain above personal gain, then we
> would be failing in our responsibility to the community.

I think that this is a very important comment. This issue distinguishes
our foundation from industry/global players - we are community oriented
and community driven (and I would like to keep it like that!).
Hiring "someone", even an expert, can become a big failure if the
person isn't know/accepted by the community. So, if we want to hire
someone s/he must be well established.

best,
markus