[Web Comm] Web Committee Chair

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jun 22 09:00:49 PDT 2006

Hi Arnulf,

It sounds to me like you're proposing that:

- VisCom takes over determining the content and audience of the website
- SAC takes over publishin this content

If that's the case, then I would prefer to re-join VisCom, because just
publishing other people's stuff without input into what should be
produced and how it should be structured on the site is not much fun
(for me).

In its present state, WebCom is moribund.  This is partially because of
communication problems, partially because of frustration with the
limitations of Collabnet and, from my perspective, because I was unable
to participate for several weeks because of other events in my life.

I am interested in continuing WebCom, but only if it has responsibility
for determining the approach taken for making the OSGeo site a
functional compass, not just determining the graphic layout and acting
as a publisher.

Jason