[Web Comm] Web Committee Chair

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Jun 22 11:00:33 PDT 2006

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> It sounds to me like you're proposing that:
>
> - VisCom takes over determining the content and audience of the website
> - SAC takes over publishin this content

More or less, yes - the way you say it rings good.

> If that's the case, then I would prefer to re-join VisCom, because just
> publishing other people's stuff without input into what should be
> produced and how it should be structured on the site is not much fun
> (for me).

Thats perfect - you are very much invited, this is exactly the input
that VisCom now needs.

> In its present state, WebCom is moribund.  This is partially because of
> communication problems, partially because of frustration with the
> limitations of Collabnet and, from my perspective, because I was unable
> to participate for several weeks because of other events in my life.
>
> I am interested in continuing WebCom, but only if it has responsibility
> for determining the approach taken for making the OSGeo site a
> functional compass, not just determining the graphic layout and acting
> as a publisher.
>
> Jason

If WebCom was moribund, then it just died. Amen (Jo - thanks for the
short ceremony in the other mail).

We still need to do some things (at least my two tasks :-). I will take
over the job of stitching things together as long as we don't know what
to do about it in the long run.

Arnulf.