Wiki Status

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Wed Mar 1 21:15:59 PST 2006

We are getting ready for a URL integration to the site by adding
Arnulf's wiki to osgeo.org. This will at least let the committees,
board, and anyone that wants, to use a wiki. Its new address will  be
wiki.osgeo.org. Not sure of the time frame - still working on the
process. Guessing less than a week or two to get both parties to pull
the switch. There should only be a short interruption in wiki access
when it is moved.

This is half just-get-it-done and half great-solution. In other
words, we are already using it, it works great so far, and it is a
stable solution. We might consider hosting it elsewhere, but there is
no immediate hurry. They have a good backup schedule, so  things are
safely in hand. We just need to watch the performance. It is on a
shared server hosted in Germany. Overall risk is minimal.

We can do the same for the other flavors by letting volunteer's get
servers subdomained. But we don't want to do multiple wikis or
Plones, etc. I think one URL per prime flavor is enough. We should be
careful about fragmentation too. Mixing any content between these
should be strongly limited. We are already fragmenting the search
capability.  Also remember that CollabNet is moving in this
direction, so with one wiki there will be breathing room.

If you have questions, let me know.

Daniel Brookshier
Community Manager
https://www.projects.dev2dev.bea.com/
turbogeek at cluck.com
dbrookshier at collab.net

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s)