[OSGeo-Board] Board Nomination email (please review)

Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sat Mar 4 16:24:42 PST 2006

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>> I vote for going fast, but not hasty. I think that the membership
>> process should be clear at least (I currently don't know if the elected
>> members where contacted, did accept etc).
>
> Markus,
>
> I have no reason to believe they have been contacted post-vote, but
> the intent was that their nominator contact them before nominating.
>
>  > The main web site
>> still says "Voting for Foundation Members in Progress"...
>
> Well that is a problem.  I am hoping WebCOM will take more initiative
> to keep the primary website "current" without detailed direction from
> the board.  Daniel?
>
> /me writes email to WebCOM threatening to ask to join their committee
> if they don't hustle.
>
> To contact people I would like a full membership list with contact
> info.  (Screw lat/long coordinates, if we can't even collect a list of
> email address for members!)  Where will this list live?

In a WFS-T - what a question. :-) We need to get a machine that is fast
fast fast has bandwidth to spare and is fully sponsored. Then it takes us
one day to throw the whole SDI stack on it and get the list running as it
would be worth for an os*GEO* Foundation. Something like the GRASS,
Mapbender, or PostgreSQL user maps that has been sent around. Open it to
members (later when we have conneted permissions with CN to ever member,
sponsor and friend).

If we have
> some missing contact info we fill it out.  Should I just start it in the
> wiki?  Would the secretary be responsible for holding this in the long
> term?

Those voting members who don't enter their lan/lots within one week after
publishing are expelled from the community for imcompetent/lazyness or
something like that. I'd believe that way we will get the coords asap. :-)
Beyond that I think that every memeber should take care of their OSGeo
v-card themselves, if they don't we kick them to do it. That way nobody
needs to look after it and we have a list that reflects how intesely
people take care of what happens in OSGeo. Quality Assourance made Open.

Secretary does nothing but kick people. We got enough serious stuff to do
for him. Just thinking aloud.

> Best regards,

Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de