[OSGeo-Board] Board Nomination email (please review)

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Mon Mar 6 12:46:31 PST 2006

I'm  chair of the website committee, but based on those rules, I'll
give it a board member.

The rule is odd, usually chair is appointed or voted within the
committee. The board can have a member and even be required, but it
is not required. I have no problem with the board having a chair on
each committee, but that does mean that elections need to be in part
about what committee they will run. This does ensure a sense of duty,
so nothing wrong with it, just difficult to execute.

Daniel Brookshier
Community Manager
214-207-6614