[OSGeo-Board] opening and organizing

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 17:37:37 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> " I personally don't feel like we need a coordinated master task list,"
>
> How can a Visibility Committee can do their job, absent of having this
> somewhere? Let's say Tyler wanted to do this. He seems confused about
> what we're doing. What is another solution to help him with his
> confusion?

Gary,

I think that VisCom should have a task list of things they are doing
and they do, though it might still be disorganized as they try and
get themselves operational.  Likewise, I think we, the board, need
a task list of things we are doing (perhaps Markus' Roadmap will serve
as that, or the rolling action items from our board meetings).  Likewise
the Incubator Committee, and WebCom each have mechanisms for managing
their "TODO" list.  My point is that we, the board, don't need a micro-level
task list for all parts of the foundation.

VisCom doesn't generally need to know how the Incubator Committee is
wrestling with details of IP issues on projects entering the foundation
(for instance).

I'm not sure what it was that you are saying Tyler wanted to do.  But if
it was the "period report to the membership on things that are going on"
I think he would either have to browse the various committee web sites
(and perhaps mailing list archives) or just ask a rep on each committee
for a digested list of what is going on.  Alternatively he could just
subscribe to each of the mailing lists (which is how I might address the
problem).