Getting people involved.

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Mar 6 21:06:18 PST 2006

Ok, so I made a page on how to get started:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started  Feel free to hack on
it, I'm hoping it can help people who want to help out and don't know
where.  The page right now isn't super helpful, it basically says join
everything and figure it out.  It'd be nice if there were a clearer path
to how to get involved, where to start on the wiki, how an idea can grow
into a committee, ect.  If anyone has ideas on how to do that better
then just modify that page.  We also probably should improve:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Volunteers_Needed a good bit as well.

I also started a list for members to put up some information about
themselves: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/All_Members

If people think these pages are decent, I'd like to send an email to all
the current voting membership, encouraging them to help out, pointing at
the getting started page, and remembering them that we're all building
this together, and it's an open process.  And getting them to add
themselves to the member list.

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project