[OSGeo-Board] FDO - Distinct project or part of MapGuide?

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 7 10:21:48 PST 2006

Yes and Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:fwarmerdam at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Frank
Warmerdam (External)
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:20 AM
To: board at board.osgeo.org
Cc: Robert Bray
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Board] FDO - Distinct project or part of MapGuide?

Gary Lang wrote:
> Yeah. The intent has always been to have it be its own project. It's
> just not ready right now.

Gary / Bob,

OK, then should we consider it part of MapGuide OS for now, with the
intent that it will be promoted to a top level project somewhat
later when we are ready to put it through incubation and setup a
PSC for it?  FDO will going into subversion on osgeo.org in the
reasonably near future, won't it?

------
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF,
http://osgeo.org