[OSGeo-Board] Re: Fundraising Feedback

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Tue Mar 7 11:52:58 PST 2006

> I don't know the GeoTools, GRASS, Mapbender and MapBuilder communities
> well enough to know if there will be well heeled sponsors willing to
> sponsor in return for maintenance.
The situation is a bit different with GeoTools, since the two biggest
users, uDig and GeoServer, end up doing all the maintenance already.
They contribute directly in terms of time.  I do think GeoTools has a
lot of potential to get good sponsers.  I'm hoping to use the incubation
process as an excuse to really clean up our docs, which has been the big
stumbling block of late.

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project