[OSGeo-Board] The stack - what is it?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 10 07:23:50 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> BTW I was assuming that FOSS4G was a separate conference from the one that
 > is held in Minnesota and Ottawa, since holding it there seems to exclude a
 > number of people in the U.S. If they couldn't afford to go to Chicago...

Gary,

One of the problems with the annual conference is a bit of an identity
crisis.  It has a different name each year, and there has been confusion
sometimes in the decision process of who would be the new host.

But, yes, FOSS4G is very much intended to be the annual worldwide
conference for the OS Geo community.

It is in Europe this year because there was a group willing to do it,
and because it is unfair to always have it in the North America.