Motion: Creation of conference.osgeo.org Project

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 10:19:01 PST 2006

Board,

I hereby move that a conference.osgeo.org project be created for hosting
FOSS4G related email lists, documents and so forth.

At this time the project would be owned by a person to be designated by
the existing FOSS4G conference committee, and FOSS4G governance would remain
independent of OSGeo.

However, by hosting materials and lists within the conference.osgeo.org
project we would be in a better position to maintain continuity when we start
working on more directly administered 2007 conference.

At that point (circa September) we would need to form a proper conference
committee reporting to the board.